GCA Altium is now part of Houlihan Lokey

Transaction Details

September 1, 2013
London Sloane St


Digital Media and Media

Deal Type


Deal Value


Deal Team

Greger Larson

nice entertainment sold to MTG

nice: Nordic entertainment group meeting the high expectations of today’s clients and audiences

nice entertainment group is the Nordic’s leading creator, producer and distributor of TV scripted- and non-scripted, commercials, events and branded content.

The group companies within nice produce more than 100 program formats annually and cover all the major genres from web productions to primetime TV shows among which drama and reality series such as Hidden Tracks, The Half Brother, Babes On The Bus, The Grill Masters, Dinner Disasters and Celebrity Babysitter.

nice has branches in Finland, Norway, Denmark and Sweden and is the largest independent group of production companies in the Nordic region (also the No.1 producer in Finland and Norway).

Another step to develop MTG into a major international player in content production and distribution

In September 2013, MTG acquired a 86.8% stake in nice entertainment group from CapMan (Finland-based private equity company) for a cash consideration of EUR 84.4m; the remaining 13.2% being held by nice founders and management team.

MTG is a listed Swedish entertainment broadcasting company with operations that span four continents and include free-TV, pay-TV, radio and content production businesses.

The nice entertainment acquisition will expand MTG’s production and distribution subsidiary MTG Studios, which already includes brands such as DRG, Novemberfilm, Strix, Paprika Latino and Redaktörerna among others.

GCA Altium acted as sole advisor to the sellers

Related Transactions

All transactions