Transaction Details

January 1, 2008
Stockholm

Sector

Technology

Deal Type

M&A

Deal Value

N/D

MBO of Liber Hermods by Management & Catella Investments

Supplying half of Sweden’s municipalities

More than 4 million people have been educated by Liber Hermods since it started operating in 1898. Still a large provider of education, the Company supplies half of Sweden’s municipalities, offering both academic and practical programs.

Employing 200 staff in 10 Swedish cities (HQ in Stockholm), Liber Hermods offers 150 courses in traditional classroom settings and through e-learning on secondary school level. It also operates several schools and was the first private Swedish operator to set grades in 1958. Moreover, the Company provides courses in Swedish for new immigrants.

Management and Catella Investments new owners

100% of the capital of Liber Hermods was acquired in a management buyout transaction, backed by Strukturfonden II, a private equity fund of Catella Investments.

Seller was the Netherlands-based Infinitas Learning, previously the Education Division of Wolters Kluwer, which had been acquired by UK-based private equity company Bridgepoint Capital in 2007.

Under the terms, Catella Investments acquired a 75% stake whereas the remaining 25% will be held by the Company’s management. The transaction will enable Liber Hermods to enter into new business areas such as independent schools and advanced vocational education, which further strengthen its position in Sweden.

GCA Altium acted as sole advisor to the seller.

Related Transactions

Previous
All transactions