GCA Altium is now part of Houlihan Lokey

Transaction Details

March 16, 2015
Milan, Zurich


Digital Media and Media

Deal Type


Deal Team

Carlo Dawan, Thomas Egli, Alessandro Soprano, Michael Sonderegger, Emilio Pestarino, Lorenzo Cabizza

GCA Altium advised South African group Naspers on the sale of its 70% stake in 7Pixel

GCA Altium has advised South African group Naspers on the sale of its 70% stake in 7Pixel, owner of the Italian leading price comparison website Trovaprezzi.it, to Gruppo MutuiOnline. Gruppo MutuiOnline also acquired a part of the shares of 7Pixel’s founders, for a total participation of 74.85% of the share capital of 7Pixel S.r.l. This transaction underlines GCA Altium has advised South African group Naspers on the sale of its 70% stake in 7PixelAltium’s leading position in the Digital, Media & Internet space.

7Pixel is the clear no. 1 price and product comparison platform in Italy, boasting over 20 million monthly visits and more than 10 million offers from over 2,400 merchants. It operates various websites such as trovaprezzi.it, shoppydoo.it, drezzy.it and misshobby.com.

Gruppo MutuiOnline S.p.A., a company listed on the STAR segment of the Italian Stock Exchange, is the holding company of a group operating in online broking of financial products with an aggregator model as well as in the outsourcing of complex processes for the financial services industry in the Italian market. Its main websites are MutuiOnline.it and Segugio.it.

The acquisition was carried out through the wholly-owned newco Marsala S.r.l. In the coming months, Marsala will be merged into 7Pixel and as a result Gruppo MutuiOnline will hold a 51.0% participation in 7Pixel, while the management will hold the remaining 49.0%.

Marco Pescarmona, Chairman of the Board and Co-founder of Gruppo MutuiOnline said: “We are extremely satisfied with this acquisition, which enables Gruppo MutuiOnline to further accelerate growth and consolidate its position in online comparison and intermediation services. We are excited about the opportunity of working together with the management and the staff of 7Pixel, a pioneering firm in online services in our country, to bring about a new phase of growth and development.“

Nicola Lamberti, Managing Director and Co-founder of 7Pixel commented: “We are very happy with this agreement. The activities of Gruppo MutuiOnline are a good fit and spark synergies and value creation and, at the same time, are sufficiently different to fuel innovation. For these reasons, as founders and managers of 7Pixel, we believe in this project, so we’re increasing our shareholding and facilitating a direct involvement of all our staff.”

Related Transactions

All transactions