WHAT IS DRIVING THE ESG BOOM?
Ethical investing – ESG investing – is unquestionably booming across the globe. With its focus on the challenges we face today around social issues, sustainability and growth, it is increasingly becoming an imperative for investors. More and more investors are seeking to put their money into assets that have a holistic approach to sustainability, with a focus on disruptive change, financial strength, the environment and a positive social impact.
Impact on M&A
Aside from the obvious long-term benefits to the environment and society, ESG is a hidden success factor in M&A transactions. There are various reasons for this. First, the cumulative total returns when acquiring an ESG-focused asset tend to be significantly higher than when there is no ESG component. Furthermore, strong macrotrends and the continually increasing appetite from investors mean that ESG assets are valued at a premium. And finally, various key funds have now launched investment vehicles dedicated to ESG investing.
Our ESG Sector Coverage
ESG spans across many sectors, though there are six in particular where we see increasing traction and opportunities for our clients; Energy Efficiency, Water, Waste & Recycling, Education, AgTech and Healthcare.
Our ESG Team
- Leading our ESG and Circular Economy efforts
- Prior to joining GCA, Sigurd was a founding partner of Stella EOC where he focused on ESG and B2B SaaS & IT Services transactions
- Graduated from the Norwegian School of Management and Audencia
- Managing Director at GCA Altium’s Manchester office
- 20 years of M&A at GCA Altium and co-leads Technologies related activities in the UK with a particular focus on tech-enables services, tech-enabled industrials including energy and sustainability
- Ph.D. (Commercialising New Technology) from UMIST
DANIEL T. FRITZ
- Managing Director at GCA Altium’s Zurich office
- +12 years of M&A at GCA Altium
- Holds a B.A. in Business Administration from the University of St. Gallen (HSG) and an M.A. in Business Administration from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Director at GCA Altium’s Manchester office and member of GCA’s Global Industrials Group
- 12 years of M&A at GCA Altium and 40+ transactions, focused on advising within the industrials and industrial technology sector
- Graduated from St. John’s College, Cambridge, in Political Science
- Director at GCA Altium’s London office
- +10 years of M&A and capital markets transactions within the technology and sustainability sector
- Holds a MSc in Finance from Copenhagen Business School